How anyone with the means to leave is still living in Chicago is beyond me.
I understand there are plenty of people in poverty, in part due to the destructive policies of Democrats who have ruled the city with a commie iron fist for decades.
However, anyone who has a job and the means to move should have left this festering sore of a city long ago.
Things are so bad in Chicago that we could create a website that merely reported on violent crime in Chicago and we wouldn’t be able to keep up with all the breaking news.
Here’s the current crisis facing the city, its residents and merchants …
Fox News reported:
Hundreds of teenagers stormed the streets of downtown Chicago, smashing car windows, attacking bystanders and sending panicked tourists running from the sound of gunfire.
“Where are their parents at? That’s my question,” a woman who identified as a Chicago native told Fox 32 as the unruly scene played out in downtown Chicago on Saturday night.
Fox 32 cameras captured video of teenagers crowding the streets and police seeking to restore order to the area.
Large groups of teens were seen blasting music from Bluetooth speakers and roaming in front of traffic, with some attempting to gain access to the city’s Millennium Park, which is off-limits to those under 21 after certain hours, and the downtown Art Institute.
Some teens in the group began jumping up and down on cars, smashing windows and attacking people inside. One woman told Fox 32 her husband was attacked from the driver side of his vehicle and beaten after a group of teens jumped up and down on the couple’s windshield. The man was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
Hundreds of police officers assisted by SWAT teams descended on downtown in an attempt to restore order as gunfire was reported multiple times amid the unfolding scene.
Police were seen escorting frightened tourists back to their cars or hotels to escape the chaos, and traffic on Chicago’s Michigan Avenue ground to a halt as police attempted to restore order.
Police say a 6-year-old boy was shot in the arm near the Chicago Loop and a 17-year-old boy was shot in the leg. Both were taken to Northwestern Hospital and listed in fair condition, according to a report from WLS.
Fox 32 reported that the chaos appeared to be another “Teen Takeover” of the city that was planned on social media, noting that a similar scene played out in Chicago last year.
“I understand kids having a good time, but this is simply bad parenting,” the Chicago native witness told Fox 32. “We have to do better as parents. Our kids should not be out here.”
Chicago police did not immediately respond to a Fox News request for comment.